Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend Recap

May Lo came to visit this past weekend! We had the best time just being together and tooling around the upstate. Friday night, we went to Lime Leaf for dinner where we proceeded to stuff ourselves with dumplings and shrimp pad thai. I have yet to find a thai place that I like more.
After dinner we strolled through downtown and passed the Spartaburg WOLI before heading to Main Street to meet up with some friends. Yes, someone donated the ferris wheel to Spartanburg for a few weeks. No, I have not ridden on it.
Saturday, I somehow convinced May Lo to come to the barn with me. She was quite the trooper and I enjoyed getting to share my happy place with her. 
We made it back to Sparkle in time to hit a few shops before tucking in for the evening. You can't beat a quiet evening with games and a delicious meal.
We made this one pan farro with tomatoes. This would be the perfect meal to make for company. You put everything in the pan and in 30 minutes it is ready.
Sunday, we went to church and lunch before she hit the road. It really was such a great weekend. I am so thankful that we are now in driving distance and can do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment