Saturday, July 9, 2011

Time

One thing I love about being in the working world is having more time on my hands. That might seem ironic since I work from 9-6 Monday through Friday and give myself 40 minutes for my commute to and from work, but it’s the time outside of work that I enjoy the most. I am no longer stressing over research papers, book reviews, and upcoming tests. I don’t have to worry about getting ahead in my reading so that I can spend as many hours at the barn as I want too. (Although, I really miss riding and going to Still Creek Farm.)

But, back to where I was going to this, I love having FREE time. For those of you who don’t know me, my life has always been busy. Between school, riding, babysitting, working, internships, did I mention riding, friends, family, etc.; I have pretty much always had something going on.

Not that my life has slowed down by any means since my move to the big city; but now I have more time to do the things that I love. Whether it’s going to happy hour/dinner, reading a really good book, or just hanging out with my roommates, it is so nice to not have to stress over school work.

I have already read three books this summer and I might actually finish that needlepoint belt I started over a year ago. I have also rekindled my love affair with the kitchen and am looking forward to trying new recipes. On that note, the oven timer just went off. Time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment